none
WCF-Custom (SQL) polling Error: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80131942) RRS feed

  • Question

  • I'm stuck on how to debug or solve this error:

    The adapter "WCF-Custom" raised an error message. Details "System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80131942): Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131942
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.BizTalkServiceInstance.EndOperation(IAsyncResult result)
       at AsyncInvokeEndEndOneWayMethod(Object , Object[] , IAsyncResult )
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.AsyncMethodInvoker.InvokeEnd(Object instance, Object[]& outputs, IAsyncResult result)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeEnd(MessageRpc& rpc)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage7(MessageRpc& rpc)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)".

    I have a BizTalk Receive Location of type WCF-Custom doing SQL polling with AmbientTransactions=false.

    The shocking thing is that the stored proc runs, updates the database, but doesn't return any message to BizTalk and non suspended instances. The stored proc tests okay in SSMS. 

    DTC looks to be set up correctly; this is a dev machine where the receive location is pointing to a SQL database on same server.

    It worked on this server about 10 days ago; I changed the stored proc to add new columns returned, and manually changed the generated schema (rather than re-generating it).

    Thanks,

    Neal Walters
    http://NealWalters.com


    Friday, October 26, 2012 8:51 PM

Answers

  • I really wish there was a "refresh" schema feature.  I did build a new schema, but for all I know, the prior schema was built a year or two ago, maybe even in a different release of BizTalk.  There were odd suffixes on some of the fields.  Quite a pain to gen a new one and get it working with my maps. 

    I still have no idea what I could have done wrong by just adding the new fields to the old schema.

    I'm calling this the answer for now.

    Neal

    • Marked as answer by Neal Walters Tuesday, October 30, 2012 8:43 PM
    Tuesday, October 30, 2012 8:43 PM

All replies

  • Need to solve this today to meet a deadline.  Should I just re-gen the whole schema?
    Neal
    Monday, October 29, 2012 1:33 PM
  • I feel this has to be related to either the machine being renamed, the IP Address changing, or something outside of the application itself.

    I have other similar ports having the same issue.

    Neal

    Monday, October 29, 2012 3:43 PM
  • I have shelved my code, undone my pending changes, and gone back to my prior code, and still getting the error, even on one of the old original receive locations that used the same restored stored proc. 

    Neal

    Monday, October 29, 2012 4:43 PM
  • I didn't roll my code back far enough.  Earlier, I did a TFS Undo pending changes, but I had already checked in previous changes.  I had to go back to a previous date and do "Get Specific Version" from that date.  Now it works. 

    I have now restored the stored proc to the new version with the extra extra columns being returned, and it still runs okay, but just doesn't include my new columns.  (This is a database to XML file extract.) 

    So I don't understand how manually adding about 8 fields to the schema could have caused this error.  It's seem much safe to do that than to re-build the schema from scratch.   Maybe what I'll do now, is build it from scratch in a dummy project, then compare the schema it built to my changes.

    Neal

    Monday, October 29, 2012 7:27 PM
  • Hi,

    Since it is uing WCF adapter, you may run Fiddler to capture the SOAP message on the wire for troubleshooting

    Tuesday, October 30, 2012 1:54 AM
  • I really wish there was a "refresh" schema feature.  I did build a new schema, but for all I know, the prior schema was built a year or two ago, maybe even in a different release of BizTalk.  There were odd suffixes on some of the fields.  Quite a pain to gen a new one and get it working with my maps. 

    I still have no idea what I could have done wrong by just adding the new fields to the old schema.

    I'm calling this the answer for now.

    Neal

    • Marked as answer by Neal Walters Tuesday, October 30, 2012 8:43 PM
    Tuesday, October 30, 2012 8:43 PM