none
Any part of the body detection using Kinect SDK RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I am using SDK 1.8 and trying to find a way to detect any part of the human body.  I am using the Skeltiondetection logic here.

for ex: if I use Skeltion.TrackingState == SkeltionTrackingState.Tracked, and count the non empty frames, and if I am facing the kinect camera, it is working fine, the movement I come infront of kinect in a side angle, it is not detecting my body.  I have tried both trackingmode as default and seated.  But no luck.  Any clue?

Thanks,

Harish V.

Harish Vajja

Thursday, May 1, 2014 8:58 PM

All replies

• The Kinect skeleton tracking(ST) system training data is tuned for users to face the sensor. To get the initial "lock on" typically you need the full view of the person, in seated mode the upper body. Once that has been acquired, movements from that point forward should continue baring any interference/occlusion of joints.

The alternative to ST would be to do your own computer vision algorithm on the depth data to plot points regardless of their orientation to the sensor. There may be third party libraries you can find if the default behavior does not fit your particular use case.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Thursday, May 1, 2014 9:20 PM