Is there another way to communicate PC and windows mobile(except appsock)? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys:
    Is there another way to communicate PC and windows mobile(except appsock)?
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 7:19 AM

Answers

• I am not sure what appsock is but you can take a look at RAPI MSDN documentation here .

What exactly are you looking for? Data Sync between PC and Windows Phone or something else?

Prabhu

Thursday, December 3, 2009 8:03 AM
  • Well, you could use RAPI2 to exchange data between your desktop and Windows Phone either using Databases, Registries or even Files. Or you could even take the approach used by sockapp (using sockets), I saw that sockapp uses a few RAPI api's too. And your choice depends on the problem that you are trying to solve.

Some resources,

IRapiSession: MSDN (API's supported by RAPI2)

Bruce Eitman has a post which uses RAPI2 to start to process remotely on a windows phone from the desktop PC, maybe you should take a look, Part 1 and Part 2 .

Prabhu
    Friday, December 4, 2009 2:36 AM
  • Hi anyjoy,

As far as I know, Web service, WCF, MSMQ,RAPI can also do the work like socket.

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Monday, December 7, 2009 9:52 AM

All replies

• I am not sure what appsock is but you can take a look at RAPI MSDN documentation here .

What exactly are you looking for? Data Sync between PC and Windows Phone or something else?

Prabhu

Thursday, December 3, 2009 8:03 AM

Prabhu

hi, I am sorry.  sockapp(not appsock) is a sdk example in windows mobile6(Windows Mobile 6 SDK\Samples\Common\CPP\Win32\sockapp). What i need is comunicate my phone to pc,exchange some data.
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 12:11 PM
  • Well, you could use RAPI2 to exchange data between your desktop and Windows Phone either using Databases, Registries or even Files. Or you could even take the approach used by sockapp (using sockets), I saw that sockapp uses a few RAPI api's too. And your choice depends on the problem that you are trying to solve.

Some resources,

IRapiSession: MSDN (API's supported by RAPI2)

Bruce Eitman has a post which uses RAPI2 to start to process remotely on a windows phone from the desktop PC, maybe you should take a look, Part 1 and Part 2 .

Prabhu
    Friday, December 4, 2009 2:36 AM
  • Hi anyjoy,

As far as I know, Web service, WCF, MSMQ,RAPI can also do the work like socket.

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Monday, December 7, 2009 9:52 AM