none
MAPI properties to identify messages sent/received using Outlook Resend function RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to find MAPI properties that would allow us to identify messages that were sent using outlook resend function. Emails in question would be those where mailboxes are located within organisation.

So far we are aware that PR_ICON_Index will be missing but that is also missing on emails received from SMTP. Sender's copy will also carry PR_SWAPPED_TODO_DATA however that is not present on recipients copy. 

I were hoping to couple PR_ICON_Index and 0x4022001F as long as 0x4022001F has value of EX. 

UPDATE: I did some more tests and found that 0x4022001F is only present on recipient's end and it will be missing from sender's copy.

Anyone aware of any other MAPI properties that could be used to identity such messages?

Thank you!

Wednesday, June 12, 2019 12:53 AM

All replies

• It seems I may have to identity messages as follows

(PR_ICON_INDEX Missing) AND ((0x4022001F=EX) OR (PR_SENTMAIL_ENTRYID is Present) OR (PR_DELETE_AFTER_SUBMIT is present))

Wednesday, June 12, 2019 1:35 AM
  • Seems like even this will not be enough because emails sent using scripts will have 0x4022001F=EX present and PR_ICON_INDEX Missing

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 11:06 PM