none
wince7_display driver RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am using imx51 evk board, wince 7

its not have inbuilt display.we need to connect from board dvi port to the external monitor(lcd) for getting the display.

I did a build with enabling the dvi output in the catalog items.But I am not getting the display in the external monitor.

while I am comparing the wince6 bsp I saw that many changes are there in the display drivers of wince 6 and wince 7 bsp's.

So please suggest me the ways which I can go through for getting the display output.

Thanks in advance.

Friday, March 15, 2013 5:38 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I am using the iMX51EVK and had similar problems.

I would suggest you to use a VGA monitor. connected to the EVK through a DVI-I to VGA, passive adaptor.

Also un-select the "BSP_DISPLAY_DVI_TFP410" catalog item. AND

Select the "BSP_DISPLAY_VGA" catalog item.

Also are you using a monitor that has a DVI-I or a DVI-D port?

Regards

• Edited by Derek_81 Monday, March 18, 2013 1:36 PM
    • Marked as answer by Rohith_88 Tuesday, March 19, 2013 1:27 PM
    Monday, March 18, 2013 1:32 PM
  • Hi,

The adapter is available with element14

http://in.element14.com/pro-signal/psg90338/adapter-dvi-i-female-to-vga-male/dp/1889737 

This might be available in local electronic stores as well.

You can follow suggestions as listed in the previous post and do a build of current bsp and subprojects.

If you are evaluating some build or just using it for development (not related to display driver )purposes the display should not hinder what you'd want to achieve.

Regards,

Balaji.

Monday, March 18, 2013 4:44 PM
  • Hi Bhagath,

You need to do a SYSGEN build after selecting the "BSP_DISPLAY_VGA" only as the display device.

As far as I remember the issue with the DVI monitor is, that the display driver tries to read EDID info from the monitor and some resistors on the EVK prevent the I2C lines to be connected to the DVI port, hence I am suggesting you to try with VGA interface.

The display adaptor is cheaply available in local electronic stores, I guess you are also from India, I got it for under INR 100/-

Do update if this solution works for you also.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 5:36 AM
  • Hi Bhagath,

The EVK has DVI-I port. DVI-I has analog(VGA) as well as digital signals.

A passive DVI-I to VGA adaptor will route only the Analog VGA signals from EVK to the VGA side.

After that you will need a VGA to VGA cable to connect to your monitor, as your monitor has a VGA port available.

- BR

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 5:40 AM

All replies

• Is the bootup image being displayed onto the screen ?

Post the log by enabling the debug message in the display driver and post it here for better understanding of the issue.

--- Misbah

Senior Design Engineer T.E.S Electroni Solutions (Bangalore-India) www.tes-dst.com email-misbah.khan@tes-dst.com

Friday, March 15, 2013 6:02 AM
  • Hi,

Debug logs would certainly help. Also it depends on what kind of DVI monitor support you use (DVI-I or DVI-D).

To prevent this confusion you could select VGA from catalog with IPU VPU support and use a converter/adapter to connect to VGA monitor if you have one.

http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-DVI-Cable-Adapter-DVIVGAMF/dp/B000067SOH

Regards,

Balaji.

• Edited by balajitrv1 Friday, March 15, 2013 7:10 AM
    Friday, March 15, 2013 7:08 AM
  • Hi,

I am using the iMX51EVK and had similar problems.

I would suggest you to use a VGA monitor. connected to the EVK through a DVI-I to VGA, passive adaptor.

Also un-select the "BSP_DISPLAY_DVI_TFP410" catalog item. AND

Select the "BSP_DISPLAY_VGA" catalog item.

Also are you using a monitor that has a DVI-I or a DVI-D port?

Regards

• Edited by Derek_81 Monday, March 18, 2013 1:36 PM
    Monday, March 18, 2013 1:32 PM
  • Hi Darek,

From where you brought the adaptor?please get me the link of site or picture.

what you mean by VGA monitor?

My monitor have both vga and DVI-D port.

is your display problem is solved by this?

after changing the catalog items what type of build I need to do?

please help me ASAP.

Thanks alot in advance.................

• Edited by Rohith_88 Monday, March 18, 2013 3:49 PM
    Monday, March 18, 2013 3:45 PM
  • Hi,

The adapter is available with element14

http://in.element14.com/pro-signal/psg90338/adapter-dvi-i-female-to-vga-male/dp/1889737 

This might be available in local electronic stores as well.

You can follow suggestions as listed in the previous post and do a build of current bsp and subprojects.

If you are evaluating some build or just using it for development (not related to display driver )purposes the display should not hinder what you'd want to achieve.

Regards,

Balaji.

Monday, March 18, 2013 4:44 PM
  • Hi Balaji,

I want to get the display of the wince 7 os in the monitor.Then only I can test my wireless driver.

and one more thing .I think you know already,Imx51 evk board have only DVI-I port.

is the VGA signals will come through that?

I saw the adapter in the site which you mentioned above .If I use that adapter I need one vga to vga cable or vga to dvi-d cable?

which one will work fine?

in my monitor have both port.

please help asap.

thanks in advance....

• Edited by Rohith_88 Tuesday, March 19, 2013 5:11 AM
    Tuesday, March 19, 2013 4:30 AM
  • Hi Bhagath,

You need to do a SYSGEN build after selecting the "BSP_DISPLAY_VGA" only as the display device.

As far as I remember the issue with the DVI monitor is, that the display driver tries to read EDID info from the monitor and some resistors on the EVK prevent the I2C lines to be connected to the DVI port, hence I am suggesting you to try with VGA interface.

The display adaptor is cheaply available in local electronic stores, I guess you are also from India, I got it for under INR 100/-

Do update if this solution works for you also.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 5:36 AM
  • Hi Bhagath,

The EVK has DVI-I port. DVI-I has analog(VGA) as well as digital signals.

A passive DVI-I to VGA adaptor will route only the Analog VGA signals from EVK to the VGA side.

After that you will need a VGA to VGA cable to connect to your monitor, as your monitor has a VGA port available.

- BR

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 5:40 AM
  • Hi all,

SUCCESS........................

I purchased the dvi to vga converter .

Its working fine.

Thanks alot Derek_81, Balaji

I am soooooooooooooooo happyyyyyyyyyyy today.

you people made me happy..............
    once again thanks a lot............

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 1:27 PM