none
Windows Store - "Reversal" RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, colleagues
    Tell me, please, what it means in the financial summary in Windows Store account "Reversal"?
    After that, write off the money?
    Wednesday, November 14, 2012 11:32 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Антон_Пеньков,

Within the financial summary the “Reversal” means the funds were applied and then taken away.  Think of it as a deduction in total revenue.

Joe

Thursday, November 29, 2012 7:56 PM
  • Hello Joe-J,

I also see "Reversal" transactions in my finance details. What is the reason for these type of transactions to appear?

Is it from a transaction which was not completed? Or do users perhaps have the ability to undo their transaction by uninstalling an app within a certain time frame?

Martin

• Edited by MartinJ11 Wednesday, December 12, 2012 4:28 PM
    Wednesday, December 12, 2012 4:27 PM
  • This usually means the payment method was declined or the app was refunded.

-Eric

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 2:56 AM
  • What's an acceptable reversal percentage of transactions for a single app when compared against all apps in the store? For example, if my app has 10% reversals for every set of paid downloads then should I be concerned people are not finding value in my app and are getting refunds or would 10% be considered normal? What percentage should I start to consider "bad"? Thanks.
    Sunday, January 6, 2013 12:41 PM
  • This is really going to depend on what type of app you have, the quality and user experience, even the target audience. 

-Eric

Saturday, January 12, 2013 2:28 AM
  • Can we get more info on reversals?  I see a very small percentage of transactions reversed - like 0.02 percent.  That's fine with me if that is all it ends up ever being.  But if users start to find ways to Reverse transactions and the number grows to what the above person is saying that is not ok.

I am guessing that a charge could be reversed for the following reasons:

1) A purchase is made but the app was never able to be installed - that's fair.

2) The app is installed but the person disputes the charge with their credit card company - that's not great, means somebody could play your app then change their mind.  I hope that the store would at least disble the app in that case.  Still how many people are going to spemd their days installling $1.49 apps and calling up their credit card company - probably very small number of people.

3) Is there any other way for an app purchase to be reversed?

http://www.puttnutz.com

Saturday, March 2, 2013 5:02 AM
  • I would also like to know more about reversal.  Can a user "ask for their money back" with a store purchase?

David Overton - here as myself (Author) of Windows Intune 2.0:Quickstart Administrators Guide http://davidoverton.com/windowsintune

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 6:52 AM
  • Hi,

How does a customer ask for a reversal ?

Wednesday, July 3, 2013 12:01 PM
  • I would also like more information about reversals.

If they "reverse" the payment do they still have access to the product? 

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 8:16 PM