EULA - Benchmark RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am currently writing a Thesis at TU Wien about Column store extensions to popular row-based databases. It benchmarks the Postgres cstore_fdw extension and SQL Server column store capability based on TPC-H benchmark, and compares them to running said benchmark on the respective row-based variant. Now the EULA states the following:

BENCHMARK TESTING. You must obtain Microsoft's prior written approval to disclose to a third party the results of any benchmark test of the software. 

But I have failed to find the appropriate point to obtain said approval. The telephone support in my country (they seem not to know what I am talking about), and a ticket opened through the country support mail (kunden@microsoft.com) was closed without any reply.

Can anyone point me to the correct place to place such an enquiry?

Thank you very much :)

Regards,

Vinci

Thursday, May 14, 2020 1:03 PM

All replies

• Hi Vinci,

Is there any update on this case?
    Please use the https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/licensing/worldwide to find contact information in your locations.

Best Regards,
    Cris

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 1, 2020 9:39 AM
  • Hi friend,

Is there any update on this case?
    Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.
    Have a nice day!

Best regards,
    Cris

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 8, 2020 1:04 AM