Disable browser with LEGO NXT v2 brick? RRS feed

• Question

• By default, a browser pops up and shows the NXT Brick service status when the Bluetooth connection is made.  I have a LEGO project I'm cleaning up for a demo and I'd like to disable this behavior.  I tried setting ShowInBrowser to false (also tried null), but it still pops up a browser.  Am I missing something?

This happens whether I run the service directly from the VPL editor, or if I compile the project and run it from the command line.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 3:27 PM

Answers

• We don't have an NXT brick so I cannot reproduce your problem specifically.  However I did see that you have the full source code to the NXT Brick under C:\Users\imadirtytroll\Microsoft Robotics Dev Studio 4\samples\Platforms\LEGO\NXT\V2 and you should be able to both attach a debugger (pretty hard, frankly, with dss) or just comment out the source code in nxtbrick.cs that calls OpenLegoNxtServiceInBrowser().
    Monday, August 20, 2012 9:28 PM

All replies

• It's going to take me a few days to see if I can hunt down an NXT brick to try and reproduce this.  I'll get back to you.
    Wednesday, August 15, 2012 1:33 PM
  • We don't have an NXT brick so I cannot reproduce your problem specifically.  However I did see that you have the full source code to the NXT Brick under C:\Users\imadirtytroll\Microsoft Robotics Dev Studio 4\samples\Platforms\LEGO\NXT\V2 and you should be able to both attach a debugger (pretty hard, frankly, with dss) or just comment out the source code in nxtbrick.cs that calls OpenLegoNxtServiceInBrowser().
    Monday, August 20, 2012 9:28 PM
  • Commenting out the call fixed it, thanks.  (I guess for some reason I felt like I needed permission from a Microsoftie to do that...)

The MRDS test team does not have an NXT brick on site?  You scare me a lot!

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 1:27 AM