none
Installing .Net 4.5 when .Net 4.6.2 is Installed to allow VS 2013 to operate RRS feed

• Question

• I'm developing on a Windows 10 machine (upgraded from 8.1) using Visual Studio 2013 Pro (VS 2013) and was using .Net 4.5as a target framework for a complex C# project. As a result of a build failure with Installshield LE, I attempted to re-install .Net 4.5. I was able to uninstall all 3 installs marked .Net 4.5.1 (including SDK), but could not re-install with the downloaded .Net 4.5.1 installer ( NDP451-KB2858728-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe) as it detected that 4.5 was already installed (presumable because .Net 4.6.2 is installed with Win 10). Visual Studio shows all kinds of problems as a result of .Net 4.5 not being there when started and all projects in the solution now show as unavailable. I would like to re-install .Net 4.5 when .Net 4.6.2 is already installed in order to run VS 2013 .Any suggestions on how to do this? I am trying a repair of the VS 2013 installation, and this seems to reinstall .Net 4.51 but the repair is going v slowly and may be looping
    Saturday, November 19, 2016 1:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Simon Kravis,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

After you have repaired visual studio 2013, could you get .net framework 4.5.1?

You could download .NET Framework 4.5.1 Developer Pack from here, the package installs the following components:

.NET Framework 4.5.1

.NET Framework 4.5.1 Multi-Targeting Pack

.NET Framework 4.5.1 Language Packs

.NET Framework 4.5.1 Multi-Targeting Pack Language Packs

.Net framework 4.5.1 SDK is bundled with Windows SDK for Windows 8.1, you could download Windows SDK for Windows 8.1 to get .Net framework 4.5.1 SDK.

Run the installer and you’ll eventually come across this dialog box:

Uncheck everything but .NET Framework 4.5.1 Software Development Kit and install.

After this, you will get .Net framework 4.5.1 SDK.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 21, 2016 6:40 AM
  • Hi Simon Kravis,

Is there any update about your issue?

If you have solved it, could you please share your solution and mark it as an answer which will be helpful for those who has the same issue with you.

If the issue persists, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 24, 2016 9:44 AM