How to refersh the XML file datasource? RRS feed

• Question

• I have InfoPath form which receive a data from XML file, I have done some changes in xml file now i want to refresh the same to reflect changes in secodary datasource. how can i achieve this.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 6:12 AM

Answers

• How did you create the data connection?  It should be set to "access data from file source," and if it does, then it always will show the current data when queried.  If you're not seeing the new data, then you must have chosen to embed the file inside the form template, in which case it will never see any updates, because the XML file is INSIDE the form template.  You would have to update the resource file in the form, but I highly recommend accessing the file from its source so that you can update it any time...unless this form has to be used offline.
    SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    • Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Monday, May 2, 2011 2:07 AM
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 1:53 AM

All replies

• How did you create the data connection?  It should be set to "access data from file source," and if it does, then it always will show the current data when queried.  If you're not seeing the new data, then you must have chosen to embed the file inside the form template, in which case it will never see any updates, because the XML file is INSIDE the form template.  You would have to update the resource file in the form, but I highly recommend accessing the file from its source so that you can update it any time...unless this form has to be used offline.
    SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    • Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Monday, May 2, 2011 2:07 AM
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 1:53 AM
  • Hi Janidbest,

Thanks for your post.

There is your another similar issue:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointinfopath/thread/a818f77e-6f8d-40ca-8359-6160b4396711

Is it aslo an InfoPath 2010 issue?

Thanks,
    Wayne
    TechNet Subscriber Support in forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com  

Thursday, April 28, 2011 2:04 AM