none
How to use Visual studio the icons in msobtnid.h VS2015 VSPackage

Question

• Hi Team,

In VS2010, we could use guidOfficeIcon by following code in .vsct file in our VSPackage application.

"

<Extern href="msobtnid.h"/>

<Icon guid="guidOfficeIcon" id="msotcidFontDialog"/>

"

A example for the display for icon id=msotcidFontDialog. the iamge is before Text of Insert.

But the msobtnid.h is removed from VS2012 SDK https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc512930(v=vs.110).aspx

Then, how could I add a reference to the msotcidFontDialog icon in VS2015, is there any similiar image lib that I can use?

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 9:32 AM

Answers

• Hi GTCC Team,

I don't find any other extern lib for current version of Visual Studio. If you think that library is too large, please try unzip this library and then choose the icons that you needed. Please don't reference all content in your VSPackage application.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, June 30, 2016 1:44 AM

All replies

• Hi Desugner at GTCC,

I try find the msobtnid.h file in my Visual Studio 2015 installation path, but I don't find it and as your mentioned that the msobtnid.h is removed from VS2012 SDK. I'm afraid that it also doesn't be supported in Visual Studio 2015.

For Visual Studio 2012 to Visual Studio 2015, there has a Visual Studio Image Library which contains application images that appear in Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Windows, the Office system and other Microsoft software. Please download it from below official link. Hope that can help you.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-sg/download/details.aspx?id=35825

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 3:28 AM
  • Hi WeiWei,

Thank you for your information.

But we don't want add those icons in Visual Studio Image Library to our VSPakcage Application as resources. because they are too large.

Is there any extern lib that Visual studio provided just like msobtnid.h we can reference?

Thanks & Regards,

GTCC Team

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 6:14 AM
  • Hi GTCC Team,

I don't find any other extern lib for current version of Visual Studio. If you think that library is too large, please try unzip this library and then choose the icons that you needed. Please don't reference all content in your VSPackage application.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Thursday, June 30, 2016 1:44 AM