Record data (depth and audio) - Kinect for Windows v2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to record data from the kinect by using this class: KStudioEventStreamSelectorCollection to get access to IR, Depth, UncompressedColor. I also want audio, but I think i can not use this to get it

At the moment I can create a XEF or XRF file with those data. However the size of the generated file is too big, something around 1GB per 10 seconds. 

So, I have two problems/questions:

1st - Is there an way to decrease the size of the generated file?

2nd - Is there an way to also record audio and put it together with the other data, creating a xef file with everything?

I know that Kinect Studio can do this, so I think it is possible. But I do not know how.

Thank you

• Edited by D Giraldes Friday, January 23, 2015 1:21 AM
    Friday, January 23, 2015 1:18 AM

All replies

• 1. No not really, if you are recording Color it is a raw uncompressed format which will be very large in comparison to other streams. If you don't have a need for color, don't record it.

2. Since Kinect Studio is a shell around these same api's, and Audio is a function of the tool then you will be able to record this as well. It looks like the KStudioEventStreamDataTypeId is missing. You should be able to create a Guid object with the following value and pass this in. 

Guid Audio = new Guid(0x787c7abd, 0x9f6e, 0x4a85, 0x8d, 0x67, 0x63, 0x65, 0xff, 0x80, 0xcc, 0x69);

Friday, January 23, 2015 10:49 PM