SQL AlwaysOn sync share RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've set up a SQL server 2014 cluster with AlwaysOn availability groups. Upon creating the AG i opted for full syncronisation to a specific SMB share.

Now i want to change that share because it has to move to a new server. How can i do that? I found no settings in the SSMS for that.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights

Monday, October 12, 2015 12:31 PM

Answers

• That share is ONLY for initial sync and not used during regular data movement via AG.

Balmukund Lakhani
    Please mark solved if I've answered your question, vote for it as helpful to help other users find a solution quicker
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Blog | Team Blog | @Twitter | Facebook
    Author: SQL Server 2012 AlwaysOn - Paperback, Kindle

• Marked as answer by i686 Monday, October 12, 2015 1:06 PM
    Monday, October 12, 2015 12:58 PM

All replies

• That share is ONLY for initial sync and not used during regular data movement via AG.

Balmukund Lakhani
    Please mark solved if I've answered your question, vote for it as helpful to help other users find a solution quicker

• Marked as answer by i686 Monday, October 12, 2015 1:06 PM
    Monday, October 12, 2015 12:58 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks, so that means i can just safely (re)move the share.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights

Monday, October 12, 2015 1:06 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks, so that means i can just safely (re)move the share.

Yes, you can.

If you want to know where its stored, its actually under registry key of user profile.

Key "BackupLocation" under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Client\CreateAGWizard

110 - depends on SQL version. (mine is for SQL 2012)

and based on User SID also.

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2562294341-2029201162-3579594951-1107\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Client\CreateAGWizard

Balmukund Lakhani

Monday, October 12, 2015 2:56 PM