none
Sub report style lost when rendering in HTML RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a simple report that includes a sub report. The sub report takes in some XML as a parameter. The sub report also has an XML data Source and a tablix control with a single column. I have set a background colour and changed the default font-style on the textbox properties.

My Dataset Query expression is as follows:

="<Query><XmlData>" + Parameters!XmlData.Value + "</XmlData>" +

"<ElementPath>ListData/Line/Col1</ElementPath></Query>"

The XMl passed in through the XMLData parameter is this:

<ListData><Line><Col1>Test</Col1></Line></ListData>

When I run the report and render it in HTML ‘Test’ is displayed as expected but the styling is lost. Rendering the report in all other types seems to display the styling correctly. This report worked fine in the Visual Studio 2005 Report Viewere Control. And the Report displays correctly in the Report Managers report viewer control.

The rendered report html seems to be producing the css class names in the html tags but is not producing  the CSS class definition in the HTML header. Interestly when I hardcode the XML and produce a text query everything works fine.

Example:

<Query><XmlData><ListData><Line><Col1>Test</Col1></Line></ListData></XmlData><ElementPath>ListData/Line/Col1</ElementPath></Query>

Any help on writing this query in a different way would be very helpful. It looks like this may be a bug in the control its self.

Monday, September 22, 2008 7:46 AM