Problems with new TFS2010-Branches versus "Folder Branches"

Question

• Hello,
    TFS2010RC supports two sorts of branches: the "folder branch" as in TFS2008 and a new "real branch" which gives more visualization.
    while branching with VS2010RC or TE2010, the default branch is the new "real branch". Branching with VS2008 only creates "folder branches".

The Problem: the new "real branches" can not be nested.

For our branching strategy, we need nested branches (common projects are branched over several team projects).
    I accidentally branched "wrong" with VS2010 into a "real branch". The source branch was automatically converted to a "real branch" too.

Now I am unable to branch a dev project into a release project, because it contains this "real branch".
    the online help mentioned the option to reverse convert to a "folder branch", but the menu entry in the context menu is missing.

Any suggestions?

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 11:49 AM

Answers

• Hello,
    the command is available in File->Source Control->Branching and Merging->Convert to Folder
    Michal Malecki TFS Version Control Client
    • Marked as answer by zombu Wednesday, March 10, 2010 3:08 PM
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 2:03 PM

All replies

• Hello,
    the command is available in File->Source Control->Branching and Merging->Convert to Folder
    Michal Malecki TFS Version Control Client
    • Marked as answer by zombu Wednesday, March 10, 2010 3:08 PM
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 2:03 PM
  • thank you very much. i only checked the context menu.
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 3:09 PM
  • The latest TFS Tools installed.  TFS and VS 2010, it is absolutely not listed in the Branching and Merging menu from either the File menu, nor the context menu.

Anyone know why that would be?

!=MaYHeM
    Monday, July 11, 2011 2:07 PM