none
SharePoint 2013 Designer workflow suspending when used Send Email action RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created a simple workflow with Send Email action in SharePoint 2013 document library, the email will send when a new item added to document library.

When an item created in document library, the workflow get suspending with the below error.

RequestorId: 26df5cee-92d9-9ac0-0000-000000000000. Details: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the workflow instance. Exception details: System.ApplicationException: HTTP 500 {"Transfer-Encoding":["chunked"],"X-SharePointHealthScore":["0"],"SPClientServiceRequestDuration":["77"],"SPRequestGuid":["26df5cee-92d9-9ac0-aacf-b0c020be4369"],"request-id":["26df5cee-92d9-9ac0-aacf-b0c020be4369"],"X-FRAME-OPTIONS":["SAMEORIGIN"],"MicrosoftSharePointTeamServices":["15.0.0.4675"],"X-Content-Type-Options":["nosniff"],"X-MS-InvokeApp":["1; RequireReadOnly"],"Cache-Control":["max-age=0, private"],"Date":["Wed, 30 Jan 2019 04:49:08 GMT"],"Server":["Microsoft-IIS\/8.5"],"X-AspNet-Version":["4.0.30319"],"X-Powered-By":["ASP.NET"]} at Microsoft.Activities.Hosting.Runtime.Subroutine.SubroutineChild.Execute(CodeActivityContext context) at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager) at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

Emails triggering fine in other sites, the workflows get suspending with particular to this site.

Kindly provide suggestions to get resolve the issue.

Providing the other information: Workflows are triggering with my user account and sending emails to my user account. 

Thanks in advance.

• Edited by v venkatesh Thursday, January 31, 2019 10:56 AM
    Thursday, January 31, 2019 8:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Try to create a workflow with email logic only, and test with different user accounts to confirm whether this happens for specific user.

And confirm the outgoing email is reconfigured in farm level not just web application level.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/administration/outgoing-email-configuration#configure-outgoing-email-for-a-specific-web-application

Best Regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, February 1, 2019 2:10 AM
  • Hi

Do you configure sharepoint email service in CA?

You should configure it at first.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/SharePoint/administration/outgoing-email-configuration

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    Linyu - SharePoint Engineer
    QQ Group: 72637444

Friday, February 1, 2019 2:27 AM
  • Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response, as you described above i have tested already.

steps i have followed.

1.Outgoing Email address has configured already in Central Administration page not for a web application.

2.Have created simple Workflow with Email action and have tested with different user accounts, but still workflow getting suspended with HTTP500 error. Actually i have observed the workflows getting suspending intermittently in the site and particular to this site only (all other SharePoint workflows are getting completed without any issues).

Kindly suggest how to get resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance.

• Edited by v venkatesh Thursday, February 7, 2019 3:36 AM
    Thursday, February 7, 2019 3:33 AM
  • Hi,

can anyone advise me on how to get it resolve.

Thanks in advance.

Saturday, February 9, 2019 5:52 AM
  • Delete the workflow that you have created and recreate a new workflow. Use a simple List workflow to send an email using your account.

Write logs to the task list before and after sending the email.

If may be a simple case that your workflow is corrupted as it ha an unexplained unexpected error.

Also Check the logs on the hive:

C:\Program files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\LOGS

• Proposed as answer by Victor Gruber Saturday, February 9, 2019 2:28 PM
    Saturday, February 9, 2019 2:28 PM
  • Have checkd the logs for the SPRequestor Id and getting as below.

Error: UpdatedConcurrencyException: The object UserProfileImportJob Name=User Profile Service Application_ProfileImportJob was updated by another user.  Determine if these changes will conflict, resolve any differences, and reapply the second change.  This error may also indicate a programming error caused by obtaining two copies of the same object in a single thread. Previous update information: User: [UserAccount] Process:OWSTIMER (17924) Machine:[ServerName] Time:December 29, 2017 01:04:36.0000  Current update information: User:[UserAccount] Process:OWSTIMER (10128) Machine:[ServerName] Time:February 11, 2019 10:58:40.1232

FYI the Email workflow in other site collection is working fine, it's effecting to particular sites.

Kindly provide your suggestions on the issue to get it resolve.

Thanks in advance.

• Edited by v venkatesh Monday, February 11, 2019 11:48 AM
    Monday, February 11, 2019 11:47 AM
    • Stop the SharePoint Timer service (on all servers in the farm)
    • Backup the Cache.ini-file (on all servers in the farm) Go to %SystemDrive%\ProgramData\Microsoft\SharePoint\Config\ in Explorer. I had four guid-folders. Two of them contained Cache.ini, xml- and xmltmp-files. Check which of the folders that has the latest modified Cache-ini. Copy the ini-file to a backup folder.
    • Delete the XML-files (and xmltemp-files if they exist) from the folder above (on all servers in the farm). Open the Cache.ini-file and replace the current number with 1. Save the file (on all servers in the farm).
    • Start the SharePoint Timer service (on all servers in the farm)
    • Proposed as answer by Victor Gruber Monday, February 11, 2019 12:30 PM
    Monday, February 11, 2019 12:30 PM