none
mscoree.dll no more authenticode signed in Windows 8.1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

From our program we check the digital signing of the mscoree.dll for security.

With Windows 8.1 / Windows Server 2012 R2 it seems the mscoree.dll (6.3.9600.16384) is no more signed.

This is a problem for the most of our applications in the world.

Does it give a bugfix for this issue or is it planned soon for it?

Thanks for a fast answer.

Kind Regards

Helmut

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 1:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Helmut,
    I can find this dll on Win 8.1 and I'm not so sure the meaning of "no more signed". Could you please clarify this? Anyway this forum supports .NET installation related issue. If you have any, please feel free to let me konw.

Regards,

Barry Wang
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, October 31, 2013 10:49 AM
  • Thanks for the answer.

The signing can be checked by right mouse click at the mscoree.dll and view the file properties.

If the DLL/EXE is signed an additional TAB: "Digital Signatures" is visible.

In Window 8 the signature is visible in Windows 8.1 not.

Best, Helmut

Thursday, October 31, 2013 12:47 PM
  • Hi,

I am in contact with Microsoft Premium support.

I notify when news are available.

Helmut

Thursday, October 31, 2013 4:49 PM
  • Helmut,

Did you get an answer?  I'm running into an issue using this DLL (mscoree.dll) with our Office add-in integration.  Within Word, you have the ability to enable 'Require Application Add-ins to be signed by Trusted Publisher'.  When you enable this, Word will prompt you each time to allow the add-in to load, due to the signature issue with mscoree.dll.

Friday, September 12, 2014 9:24 PM
  • Hi,

I am in contact with Microsoft Premium support.

I notify when news are available.

Helmut

Helmut,

I am also seeing this on Windows 10 Build 10240. Did you get an answer from Microsoft on this issue?

Thanks,
    Frank

Monday, July 27, 2015 5:38 PM