none
Including/excluding Columns In Ms Access Modern Charts, Programatically, Access 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Microsoft Access new modern chart, with several query columns included. Some of the columns should be dynamically included or excluded programatically through VBA. Predefined design-time formatting for the series should be preserved.
    How can I define, include or exclude certain columns from the modern chart, keeping design-time formatting intact?

Is there any tutorial available regarding new modern charts manipulation through VBA (I couldn't find any by searching on google)?
    Tuesday, November 5, 2019 8:26 AM

All replies

• How can I define, include or exclude certain columns from the modern chart, keeping design-time formatting intact?

Hi matalab,

In general, you can already include the controls/columns in design mode, and make them hidden.

In the Open or Load event of the form/chart you can make the necessary colums visible, position and/or resize them, etc.

I am not so familiar with charts, but forms work in that way.

Imb.

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 9:41 AM
  • The problem is answered here, by Karl Donaubauer: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_access-msoffice_custom-mso_2016/includingexcluding-columns-in-ms-access-modern/2d056fad-8eb5-4663-af8b-9774a0514024?tm=1572942297539

RowSource and ChartValues properties have to be set through VBA code, everything else updates automatically, with formatting preserved.

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 9:04 PM