none
How is my access table allowed to hold a null value in the primary key? RRS feed

• Question

• My MS Access table contains a null value. How is that possible? Is there something I should fix?
    Tuesday, May 23, 2017 6:14 AM

All replies

• That's a sure sign of corruption.

Is it still there after you compact the database?

If yes, drop the index, compact, and re-create.

Did I mention you need to step up your backups until this is fully behind you.

-Tom. Microsoft Access MVP

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 6:33 AM
  • My MS Access table contains a null value. How is that possible? Is there something I should fix?

Hi Marcus,

Is it really a Null value, or perhaps a Zero length string?

Imb.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 7:02 AM
  • Hi MarcusKgosi,

it is better if you post a screen shot of your table which contains null value in primary key.

which datatype you set for your primary key? is it auto number?

did you make the data entry directly in table or you are inserting the data from Form or importing data from somewhere else?

as other community member already suggested you to compact and repair your database.

so here I suggest you to refer link below in which you will find the detailed steps to perform compact and repair.

Compact and repair a database

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 1:40 AM