none
Orchastration gets Dehydrated with no Error when getting response from SAP RFC (WCF Custom port) RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi All,

not sure what the issue is since there is no error, I am sending an empty request to SAP system and within seconds the orchastration gets dehydrated. when I check the orchestration debugger, it seems to have stopped at the "recieve" shape of the port. but normally it takes a few minutes before I get a response and now it seems to immediatley fail when the message is sent on the port

I checked connection info with the SAP team and its correct. What else could it be that would not raise an error?

Sunday, October 9, 2011 8:56 AM

All replies

• I just noticed if I change the recieve pipeline to PassThroughTrasnmit, I get an error:

Error Occured: Received unexpected message type '' does not match expected type

'http://Microsoft.LobServices.Sap/2007/03/Rfc/#ZMINISTRIES_ENTResponse'.

But if I change it to "XMLRecieve" I get the behaviour I mentioned in my first post. Any ideas whats causing this? I have other applications calling RFCs and they have the recieve pipeline set up as the recieve pipeline and I have faced no issues there. I don't know if I'm missing something but its hard to tell since I get no errors

Sunday, October 9, 2011 9:57 AM
  • Dyhydrated is not failing, it mean that BizTalk has saved the state of your orchestration in the msgbox and removed the orchestration from memory, when the message arrives that it is waiting for it will rehydrate your orchestration and process the message.
    Bill Chesnut | BizTalk Server MVP | Mexia Consulting | Melbourne Australia
    http://www.biztalkbill.com
    Please indicate "Mark as Answer" if this post has answered the question.
    Monday, October 10, 2011 2:50 AM
  • I believe you mean PassThruReceive?

If you get an error with "message type does not match" only when using passthru and not xmlreceive, I would guess that you have an inbound map on your solicit-response send port? This map will only be executed when using xmlreceive (or another receive pipeline that promotes the message type)

Where does it fail when using xmlreceive? By failing do you mean nothing happens or do you get errors in your event viewer? Like Bill said dehydration is not an error.

Morten la Cour

Monday, October 10, 2011 1:07 PM