none
mini redirector link win8 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm building a mini redirector that links with rdbsslib.lib. When I link against the win7-x64 version I must also link with copysup.lib. I'm currently unable to link my driver with the win8-x64 version of rdbsslib.lib because copysup.lib doesn't appear to exist in my WDK install. Is it possible I have a bad install of the WDK?

Rdbsslib.lib(ntfastio.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol FsRtlCopyWrite2 referenced in function RxFastIoWrite

Sunday, December 30, 2012 11:11 PM

Answers

• it does look like the w8 x64 version of rdbsslib.lib references FsRtlCopyWrite2  without copysub.lib. OTOH, the x86 win8 version no longer references this API at all (whie the w7 x86 does), so there was some change there that perhaps was not propagated to 64 bit version

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by Jacob Gladish Wednesday, January 2, 2013 6:06 PM
    Monday, December 31, 2012 2:36 AM

All replies

• it does look like the w8 x64 version of rdbsslib.lib references FsRtlCopyWrite2  without copysub.lib. OTOH, the x86 win8 version no longer references this API at all (whie the w7 x86 does), so there was some change there that perhaps was not propagated to 64 bit version

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by Jacob Gladish Wednesday, January 2, 2013 6:06 PM
    Monday, December 31, 2012 2:36 AM
  • Thanks for confirming. For now I'm compiling against win7-64. Do you happen to know whether this is something that should be fixed in WDK? I wasn't sure if this was some subtle hint that I shouldn't be linking with rdbsslib.lib for win8+ drivers.  
    Monday, December 31, 2012 6:25 PM
  • i think it slipped through the cracks, not a message that it shouldn't be used. if the message that it were not to be used for win8, the lib would not have been in the win8 folder.

Monday, December 31, 2012 11:59 PM
  • I encounter the same problem, It occurred in WDK8 and WDK8.1, no copysup.lib found in "Lib\win8\km\x64" directory,

how does it go?

any feedback from WDK team?

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 6:26 AM