ARM Template - Improvement - customSetupScriptProperties RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

In ARM Template generated by ADF for deployment from Azure DevOps, would it be possible to add the parameter

<INTEGRATION_RUNTIME_NAME>_properties_typeProperties_ssisProperties_customSetupScriptProperties_blobContainerUri,

in the same way there is

<INTEGRATION_RUNTIME_NAME>_properties_typeProperties_ssisProperties_customSetupScriptProperties_sasToken

Thank you !

Thursday, March 28, 2019 3:19 PM

Answers

• Hi Pradeep,

The solution is manual: every time I have to release the templates, I add manually the additional parameters in the ARM template and ARM parameters template.

Monday, April 15, 2019 7:21 AM

All replies

• Hi Bertrand,

IntegrationRuntimeCustomSetupScriptProperties can be used as follows:

"customSetupScriptProperties": {
                            "blobContainerUri": {
                                "value": "-::String"
                            }
                        }

"customSetupScriptProperties": {
                            "sasToken": {
                                "value": "-::secureString"
                            }
                        }

Custom setup script properties for a managed dedicated integration runtime.

Name

Type

Description

blobContainerUri

string

The URI of the Azure blob container that contains the custom setup script.

sasToken

SecureString

The SAS token of the Azure blob container.

For more details, refer “Integration Runtimes”.

Hope this helps.

Friday, March 29, 2019 7:45 AM
  • Hi Pradeep,

Thank you for your answer. I tried this way, it works. But at every Publish from ADF, the parameter is removed. Could it be implemented natively in the ARM template and ARM Parameters template, as it is the case for Sas Token ?

Friday, March 29, 2019 8:05 AM
  • Hi Bertand,

If you are in GIT mode, you can override the default properties in your Resource Manager template to set properties that are parameterized in the template and properties that are hard-coded. You might want to override the default parameterization template in these scenarios:

For more details, refer “Use custom parameters with the Resource Manager template”.

Tuesday, April 2, 2019 8:31 AM
  • Hi Bertand,

Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Tuesday, April 9, 2019 6:02 AM
  • Hi Pradeep,

The answer could meet my request but it seems hard to write the json the first time. I found another way for now, before digging into this scenario.

Thank you

Thursday, April 11, 2019 12:34 PM
  • Hi Bertrand,

Thanks for the update, please do share the resolution, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. 

Monday, April 15, 2019 5:11 AM
  • Hi Pradeep,

The solution is manual: every time I have to release the templates, I add manually the additional parameters in the ARM template and ARM parameters template.

Monday, April 15, 2019 7:21 AM
  • Hi Bertrand,

Thanks for sharing the solution, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. 

Monday, April 15, 2019 8:06 AM