MVC with Angular JS or ASP .Net RRS feed

• Question

• User-1356203182 posted

Hi friends,

I need to implement a project in Angular JS 2.0 , there is no mention by the client to use classic ASP.Net or MVC.

My problem is I am new to Angular as well as MVC. I wanted to know if I can use Angular with classic ASP.Net  (this will be simpler for me)  or there are constraints in this design?

I also wanted to know, how useful / easy will it be to use MVC with angular by learning it. Project will kick off in January 1st week.

Friday, December 23, 2016 5:28 AM

All replies

• User1992938117 posted

If you are looking for only Angular 2.0 then can be any html page but if you are looking to consume existing MVC features such as Bundling & Minification then you should go with ASP.NET MVC.

There is no point to go with Angular 2.0 with ASP.NET even its easy to implement now.

There are many online learning courses available you can choose any of them to excel in these areas.

Friday, December 23, 2016 10:05 AM
  • User-474980206 posted
    MVC is of little use. Your angular pages can be static pages or simple web form (no post back support required). You should use web API for the Ajax calls from the client script though rather than page methods.
    Friday, January 6, 2017 2:47 AM
  • User-1265267694 posted
    Look for a book called "ASP.NET Core and Angular 2" .
    Tuesday, March 14, 2017 3:23 PM