Detect the windows mobile theme color RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to develop a program that will detect the theme color of the windows mobile device. I tried using System.Drawing.SystemColors.Desktop but the color that is displayed seems to be black when my theme seems to be green.
    Monday, May 4, 2009 3:39 PM

All replies

• I think the Desktop element is going to be pretty much useless if there is an image being  used for the background of the home screen. Black sounds correct.

Since the theme is going to be composed of a number of colors and not a single color I don't know exactly which element you are looking to fine.  However I think you will find the answer to your question by writing a program that displays each ont of the SystemColors on your device so that you can visually identify which SystemColor corelates to the color that you are looking for.

Joel Ivory Johnson
    Monday, May 4, 2009 9:26 PM
  • Thanks You for the help.

I have one more question for that then.
    All of the colors were identical no matter what the theme of my device was.
    I take it, because the themes are more images than colors, i won't be able to detect the themes of different devices?
    The point of this program is to detect the theme color and use that as the background for my program.

Thanks
    Monday, May 4, 2009 11:41 PM