Azure AD sync with On premise AD RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

Hoping someone can help me.

To cut a very long story short, we have Azure AD populated with user accounts and those accounts are linked to Office 365.
    How can I sync Azure AD with the on premise AD and still make sure that it doesn't play havoc with the mailboxes in Office 365? I haven't performed a sync just yet, as from what I have been able to gather, it would mess with the UID's so I need to make sure they at the same in Azure AD as the on premise AD. How do I go about doing that?

There are a little over 100 users so I want to make sure this doesn't go pear shaped. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tuesday, October 4, 2016 6:41 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Since the AADConnect tool does not support users writeback, if you try to sync you'll probably get an error, because of the duplicate accounts. The correct way is to create first your on-premises AD accounts and then let them sync to Azure AD.

So, you should find a way to remove your Azure AD accounts while keeping mailboxes intact, do the sync and then reconnect the mailboxes to your synced accounts.

Tuesday, October 4, 2016 6:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Since the AADConnect tool does not support users writeback, if you try to sync you'll probably get an error, because of the duplicate accounts. The correct way is to create first your on-premises AD accounts and then let them sync to Azure AD.

So, you should find a way to remove your Azure AD accounts while keeping mailboxes intact, do the sync and then reconnect the mailboxes to your synced accounts.

Tuesday, October 4, 2016 6:57 AM
  • Hope using AAD connect post Feb. 2017 should be OK now ?

Pascal KOTTÉ, http://job.kotte.net

Friday, September 22, 2017 11:05 AM