Stream Analytics job is not accepting and outputing data some time durations RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am using Azure stream analytics job with input stream reading from EventHub. My job is continuously running from last 30 days. During I have observed that some times stream analytics job is not at all taking input events (even though I have events in Event Hub) from Event Hub and not outputting even too to output Azure SQL Database even though my job status is in runnning .. 

In these scenario, I have to go and start the job manually This causing us the data not available real time to down stream systems.

I did some analysis from Stream Analytics diagnosis tab, resource health and no errors are reported during those periods by Azure.

Could any one experienced this scenario and please suggest me how to resolved these kind of scenarios?

Appreciated your help...

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 9:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Sorry to see you have some issues with ASA. 

When you observe this issue, for how long does it stops to process messages?

In order to investigate, you can have a look at the job diagram (more info here), and look at the different numbers. I would first look if they are any "input event backlogged". Output to SQL DB doesn't allow full partitioning so I'm wondering if, in your case, this can create a bottleneck.

If the job never restarts and doesn't show any error we can help you to investigate further.

Thanks,

JS

Thursday, November 16, 2017 1:27 AM