JavaScript runtime error: "The data necessary to complete this operation is not yet available" and "No digits" RRS feed

• Question

• User-797355127 posted

Exception was thrown at line 165, column 29 in http://localhost:30922/ScriptResource.axd?d=FHnC7y678QIZTuGLFowVOYb9WXj38cpJ_9S8zhqugNkFm8ttAnrl08J5YogLpq60qNGEZhIuyqpLZdp5s4iztG8JMGUbiFhjJy2PuxjKSlQ2i_PujcO3yCXcoPh5Ez5cZugeFw2&t=ffffffff886f56f4

0x8000000a - JavaScript runtime error: The data necessary to complete this operation is not yet available.

Hi there,

Hopefully this an easy one - something to do with DLL versions or something?!?

NOTE: In our environment I'm unable to use packagemanager (something to do with proxy/firewall stuff)

This doesn't APPEAR to be causing any issues (yet) and we don't think it was happening in vs2010 but now we are using vs2012 and when debugging we see lots of these messages every pageload in the OUTPUT window.... any thoughts/info is appreciated.

Exception was thrown at line 3, column 7032 in http://localhost:30922/ProductCategory.aspx?_TSM_HiddenField_=ctl00_ctl00_smMinteShop_HiddenField&_TSM_CombinedScripts_=;;AjaxControlToolkit,+Version=3.5.7.607,+Culture=neutral,+PublicKeyToken=28f01b0e84b6d53e:en-US:e96eec5b-f5fc-47c8-9cba-2a4f2f4c43f0:de1feab2:f9cec9bc:35576c48:f2c8e708:720a52bf:589eaa30:698129cf:e148b24b:8ad18101:7311d143

0x800a139e - JavaScript runtime error: No digits

Friday, November 15, 2013 2:20 AM

All replies

• User-484054684 posted

1. Please check if your webservice was not marked with 'ScriptService' attribute.

2. It could also be because of timeout of an ajax call.

Reference: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/380014/ajax-asynchronous-in-ie-error-the-data-necessary-to-complete-this-operation-i

Friday, November 15, 2013 2:29 AM
  • User-797355127 posted

Hi,

I don't think its a timeout - because I see the errors instantly even when I don't have any breakpoints set.

What webservice are you referring to exactly?

I'm not sure I mentioned it but I'm using AjaxToolKit and really I'm not sure how to troubleshoot the error...

I have stepped through to the fault in the "not ready" bit and the line of code that faults is something like "el.Scroll("Left")" but I'm not sure what/why this would "not be ready".
    (I assume this is something in the AjaxToolKit javascript library)

Friday, November 15, 2013 7:30 AM
  • User-933407369 posted

hi smerlon,

I would suggest you read the reference below:

jquery and webtest with htmlunit 2.8: the data necessary to complete this operation is not yet available

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.canoo.webtest/11792

if it isn't working for you, Can you post the complete  markup or provide a simple demo,which can easily reproduce the problem?

In order to help us to understand your issue better.

Thanks.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 4:45 AM
  • Tuesday, November 19, 2013 10:58 PM
  • User-783971494 posted

I am having the exact same problem.  I am using the Gridview control.  It brings back about 600 records and this happens when I click <Next> (for paging).  Then the Gridview disappears.  No errors except in the output Window  -

0x8000000a - JavaScript runtime error: The data necessary to complete this operation is not yet available.

Exception was thrown at line 165, column 29 in http://localhost:1347/ScriptResource.axd?d=tKiP2Y_dyJshexalDoZLee4-uV81aQKvOWHNzvkUjV7RPk5TpDz1_RC6_3UyouWFqCckIFViKBLmleueeqOPeZXk3I-RjBOQ2-E_1X2BLJF3AIJs48uXpf_M4dyLh9e22Mo-2CKhe8xyUWVjdulj3w2&t=34a51159

I am also getting syntax errors:

0x800a139e - JavaScript runtime error: SyntaxError

Exception was thrown at line 3582, column 4 in http://localhost:1347/ScriptResource.axd?d=kvxh8uQnkW6PAAPVZsRJvAEdCpRDqkanr2AOsw7WNDSVObVpUZPi661V1pxLNCogFifo3S0qprXi7__3zUElV8QTPYZEiDOo0n-SQRxELj9ZDkBsot_9zg6BDXY6c2iM2ePgsiy4_EKHNKvFLQ1c3g2&t=34a51159

Monday, December 2, 2013 4:15 PM
  • User-745244032 posted

Hi there,

NOTE: This was my post, but for whatever reason, I'm now locked out of that other account and this account was forced upon me (some issue with my "live" account, by the seems of it)... I did put in somekind of contact request but haven't heard anything of it in weeks.

Anyway, this is not the issue I'm not using htmlunit test...

I'm by no means an ajax/jscript/toolkit guru, but it seems that this issue is (somewhat) related to the IE only (but I'm not certain) as it doesn't appear to be "flagged" in firefox (but pehraps its just that FF is not surfacing it, as these "throws" seem to do no harm (other than spamming the output window).

My specific issue appears to be the Accordion "tool", I'm not great a reading the Watch/Locals in javascript (any tips?) but I finally got the stupid thing to actually BREAK on the error, rather than just spamming the outputwindow (no idea how it/I did this...!? but it was great when it happened...)

Sys.Extended.UI.Resources.Common_UnitHasNoDigits

This is one of the errors being thrown and by "Stepping Out" from the error point the "this" object eventually revealed itself to be some kind of "AccordionBehavior" - I have no idea what is causing this, however my gut is that the Accordion is either in the wrong place or isn't setup properly...

There is a whole bunch of code in the "dynamic page" that's somewhat like this...

Sys.Application.add_init(function() {
        $create(Sys.Extended.UI.AccordionBehavior, {"ClientStateFieldID":"ctl00_ctl00_cphMainContent_pcsPCategory_Accordion1_AccordionExtender_ClientState","HeaderCssClass":"accordionHeader","HeaderSelectedCssClass":"accordionHeaderSelected","SelectedIndex":1,"id":"ctl00_ctl00_cphMainContent_pcsPCategory_Accordion1_AccordionExtender","requireOpenedPane":false}, nullnull, $get("ctl00_ctl00_cphMainContent_pcsPCategory_Accordion1"));
    });

Any idea where it comes from?

Any suggestions?

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 10:53 PM
  • User-745244032 posted

Hi there,

I have been able to narrow part of the problems in this (No Digits specifically) to SOMETHING to do with the ajaxtoolkit accordion control...

for some reason it throws an error on on parsePadding when "auto" is set on "c" (I assume this might be width...) is it possible that this is the width of the CONTENT?!?

I figured this out by "stepping out" while watching all the local variables and finally found soemthing that meant something to me in one of the "this" variables:

id "ctl00_ctl00_cphMainContent_pcsPCategory_a_CoinSet_content"

I think this was about two "step outs", so its possibly either the content of the  accordion or since I can't see any explicit settings of height or width until the accordion itself... however if my suspicions are correct then this is probably something to do with SOME obscure setting in CSS for a class or id that is being applied at runtime...

Any idea where/when this might be set so I can look at what element might be having a class or something that is getitng a CSS style applied?

I stil lhaven't had any success on the "data necessary to colmplete" issue, but my suspicion on reading all the links and other search results is that its somehow related to timing of the application of the scripts, and that this only shows up in IE, and PERHAPS can be "safely" ignored (if it causes no functional issues - but error spam is never good).

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 6:55 PM
  • Wednesday, January 8, 2014 10:53 PM