none
Multiple e-mail domains, single windows domain (Exchange 2010) RRS feed

• Question

• So I'm trying to find a best practice for this setup.  Right now we have our main windows domain, @domain.com.  However, not everyone in the organization gets an @domain.com e-mail address ... some get an @project1.com, @project2.com, etc. 

I'm able to set up our Exchange 2010 server to handle multiple domains, but so far it's a bit cumbersome setting up their mailboxes.  I have to go ahead and set them up with an @domain.com e-mail address, then add an @project1.com SMTP address, then uncheck the box in EMC profile "automatically update e-mail addresses based on e-mail address policy" (that's the part that makes me nervous), and then set the @project1.com e-mail as the Reply account. 

So my question is, is there a way to set up some recipient policy or Group Policy where users in certain groups automatically get hooked up with a @project1.com domain e-mail?  The key is they would still have an @domain.com Windows login.  And we would always assign unique names regardless of suffix.

----------- Ron E Biggs Network Administrator Entertainment Studios

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 5:51 PM

Answers

All replies