none
Publishing Office Add-in RRS feed

• Question

• After developing an Office Add-in is it possible to submit it to the Windows Store?

Thanks in advance

Friday, October 10, 2014 12:01 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Yes, you can publish an application (an add-in) to the Windows Store. But it will not be downloaded and installed automatically like Store apps. You publish a link which leads to your web site where you can download the installer.

Friday, October 10, 2014 12:23 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Yes, you can publish an application (an add-in) to the Windows Store. But it will not be downloaded and installed automatically like Store apps. You publish a link which leads to your web site where you can download the installer.

Friday, October 10, 2014 12:23 PM
  • And monetary transactions will be applied from the functionality of my web site?
    Friday, October 10, 2014 12:29 PM
  • Yes. You have to process that on your own. Windows Store is just "an advertisement place" for add-ins.
    Friday, October 10, 2014 12:31 PM
  • If the source is published on codeplex is it possible to "advertise" it on Windows store, too?

Friday, October 10, 2014 12:39 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting in MSDN forum.

As far as I know, we have two ways to deploy Office add-ins. The first is ClickOnce, the second is Windows Installer.

You can get more detail about Office solution deploying from link below:
    Deploying an Office Solution

>>After developing an Office Add-in is it possible to submit it to the Windows Store?<<

>>If the source is published on codeplex is it possible to "advertise" it on Windows store, too? <<

I suggest you that get more effective response from Submitting and Publishing Apps forum, if you have issues about Windows Store.

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, October 13, 2014 2:26 AM