Time consuming build of the c++ metro style app with enabled CodeAnalysis.

Question

• Hello. I have a project with nearly 150 cpp files. Time that needed for building without CodeAnalysis takes near 5 - 8 minutes. With enabled CodeAnalysis with Native Reccomended Rules it takes almost 1 hour to build! Why is so big difference between time with enabled CodeAnalysis and without it? Also i want to know is there some projects settings or anything else that can speed up build with CodeAnalysis?
    Tuesday, June 26, 2012 8:39 AM

Answers

All replies

• Is this a project that was ever built with VS2010? If so, did you get different results w.r.t build times with and without CodeAnalysis enabled?

Can you enable build timings and email me the output? That's under Tools, Options, Projects and Solutions, VC++ Project Settings, Build Timing.

Please copy the output window and email to firstname dot lastname at microsoft dot com.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 5:49 PM
  • I've reproduced this with the Direct3D Metro style project. About x20 slower build with CA enabled. I've bugged this. Slower build is expected with CA but hopefully things can get further optimized in the D3D case.
    Tuesday, July 03, 2012 8:43 PM