Please help me on hiw to redistribute Crystal reports RRS feed

• Question

• User426335900 posted

Hi Guys,

I have developed a window application using MS Visual studio 2008 in C# that uses crystal reports

for the purpose of displaying reports.After preparing the set up file, while I install it on another PC,

all functions works correctly but not the crystal reports.Please help me on how to redistribute the

crystal report with the set up file to another PCs.Thanks in advance

Tuesday, December 6, 2011 1:04 AM

Answers

• User1196771204 posted

hi there,

Based on the issue you described here, it seems that crystal report is not setup properly on your deployment server. There are several requirements to run Crystal Report:

1. Please make sure the CR version installed on the server matches the one you use on your application/website
    2. Please make sure that the assemblies of the CR installed on the server are referenced correctly on your web.config
    3. Please make sure you set the application pool of your application to operate under LOCAL SERVICE permission
    4. Please make sure FULL TRUST mode is enabled on your operating folder
    5. Please make sure crystalreportviewer and aspnet_client folders are copied to your operating folder.

I have been using Crystal Report for a while. I have also tried the latest Crystal Report for VS 2010 and initially, I experienced the problem like you do now. By following all the steps above, your CR will certainly work fine. Should you still have problems, you can consider hosting it with asphostcentral.com. For details to solve your issue, you can check here.

Please mark this response as an "answer" if it helps you. Thanks heaps

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, December 8, 2011 1:33 AM

All replies

• User371383779 posted

You need to include the merge module of crystal reports with your setup. So every time user installs the application using your setup, crystal reports will also be installed on the machine. This will be required to function crystal reports properly.

Merge modules are files with .msm extension. You can download it from the crystal reports site.

No idea about how to embed the merge module in setup in the setup creation application you are using. But generally it is included in the redistributable folder.

Hope i could explain you the thing in enough detail.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011 1:24 AM
  • User426335900 posted

Hi there, thank you for the detail explanation.

Tthe thins is I have added the merge modules

Microsoft_VC90_CRT_x86.msm  and  Microsoft_VC90_DebugCRT_X86.msm

but still the application cannot run the Crystal reports on another machine.

Is there any thing left for the application to run on another computers?

Please help

Tuesday, December 6, 2011 1:47 AM
  • User1196771204 posted

hi there,

Based on the issue you described here, it seems that crystal report is not setup properly on your deployment server. There are several requirements to run Crystal Report:

1. Please make sure the CR version installed on the server matches the one you use on your application/website
    2. Please make sure that the assemblies of the CR installed on the server are referenced correctly on your web.config
    3. Please make sure you set the application pool of your application to operate under LOCAL SERVICE permission
    4. Please make sure FULL TRUST mode is enabled on your operating folder
    5. Please make sure crystalreportviewer and aspnet_client folders are copied to your operating folder.

I have been using Crystal Report for a while. I have also tried the latest Crystal Report for VS 2010 and initially, I experienced the problem like you do now. By following all the steps above, your CR will certainly work fine. Should you still have problems, you can consider hosting it with asphostcentral.com. For details to solve your issue, you can check here.

Please mark this response as an "answer" if it helps you. Thanks heaps

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, December 8, 2011 1:33 AM