Finally possible to use Windows Server AppFabric with Windows 8 Release Preview and Windows Server 2012 Release Preview when using Visual Studio 2012 Release Preview RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

It's nice that Windows 8 Release Preview and Windows Server 2012 Release Preview have now been made available together with Visual Studio 2012 Release Preview. As these are release previews I suppose that finally it's possible to install Windows Server AppFabric for workflow hosting including the monitoring and persistence service at these two operating systems. This is important because otherwise probably most serious enterprise usage of Windows Workflow Foundation cannot be done using these operating systems and Workflow Foundation 4.5.

Therefore I would like to ask for information on how to get Windows Server AppFabric working with VS 2012 Release Preview and Windows 8 Release Preview or Windows Server 2012 Release Preview.

Best regards,

Henrik Dahl

Friday, June 1, 2012 6:19 AM

Answers

• Hi,

As AppFabric works ok with .NET Framework4.5. I believe the following topic also applies to IIS8 on Windows 8 or 2012.

How to: Host a Workflow Service with Windows Server App Fabric

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff729689.aspx

• Marked as answer by LeoTang Friday, June 8, 2012 10:23 AM
    Monday, June 4, 2012 10:08 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As AppFabric works ok with .NET Framework4.5. I believe the following topic also applies to IIS8 on Windows 8 or 2012.

How to: Host a Workflow Service with Windows Server App Fabric

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff729689.aspx

• Marked as answer by LeoTang Friday, June 8, 2012 10:23 AM
    Monday, June 4, 2012 10:08 AM
  • Franconia,

Which version of Windows Server AppFabric do we talk about, e.g. version 1.1?

It sounds positive what you write because earlier it was not possible to install Windows Server AppFabric on Windows 8 Community Preview and it was informed that AppFabric could only handle the parts of WF 4.5 which also existed in 4.0, so for instance it could not handle evolving/changing workflows.

Concerning "As AppFabric works ok with .NET Framework4.5": Can you refer to a source stating this?

Best regards,

Henrik Dahl

Friday, June 8, 2012 10:37 AM