Cannot insert NULL RRS feed

• Question

• As I asked before, there is an application where we receive the CSV file and inserting into the Oracle database. We have Biztalk server 2013 R2 and currently installed the cumulative update 3.I have restarted the box after installing the Cumulative update. There is a field in Oracle Table which is of type CHAR of (32 bytes), where we need to be passing blank spaces to the field. So I am using the Scripting functoid

public string GetMXValue()
    {
    return "                                ";
    }

It keeps saying that

The adapter failed to transmit message going to send port "WcfSendPort_OracleDBBinding_Table_GLTRANSREL_Custom" with URL "oracledb://abc.world/". It will be retransmitted after the retry interval specified for this Send Port. Details:"Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.TargetSystemException: ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into ("DEVLAW"."GLTRANSREL"."MX_VALUE_01")
    ORA-06512: at line 2 ---> Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException: ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into ("DEVLAW"."GLTRANSREL"."MX_VALUE_01")

I also tried using the scripting functoids to pass blank spaces. I also tried skipping the field without inserting anything (not passing anything on the map) but still when I run the application it throws the same error. But if I am passing some data abc(it can insert)

Help me with this please.

• Edited by Sid_2014 Monday, June 27, 2016 5:25 PM
    Monday, June 27, 2016 5:24 PM

Answers

• No, not through BizTalk.  I'm suggesting you try using the Oracle client.  The DBA or another Oracle Dev should be able to help you.
    • Proposed as answer by Angie Xu Monday, July 11, 2016 2:14 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, July 11, 2016 2:14 AM
    Monday, June 27, 2016 8:07 PM

All replies

• What happens if you try to insert the blanks with OSQL?
    Monday, June 27, 2016 6:47 PM
  • Johns,

How would I check or do do that. is that something we do through biztalk

Thanks

Monday, June 27, 2016 6:57 PM
  • No, not through BizTalk.  I'm suggesting you try using the Oracle client.  The DBA or another Oracle Dev should be able to help you.
    • Proposed as answer by Angie Xu Monday, July 11, 2016 2:14 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, July 11, 2016 2:14 AM
    Monday, June 27, 2016 8:07 PM