none
black screen RRS feed

• Question

• I am having problems booting my xp home computer. It keeps hanging on a black screen, but unlike some of the other questions here the point it does this changes. sometimes it is straight away and sometimes it gets as far as the password screen and then black screens. If I get as far as putting in my password it works fine. This started after a recent windows critical update download.
    I have tried tapping F8 and using last known good configuration, which works when I do it but doesnt fix the problem. The next time I boot up it is exactly the same. I do not want to re-install Xp from the OEM (it is an acer aspire 1360) disc as I have software I paid to download which may not be available now.
    Please help!
    • Moved by Whosane002 Friday, February 26, 2010 8:05 PM (From:MSDN, TechNet, and Expression Profile Feedback)
    Friday, February 26, 2010 4:06 PM

All replies

• thiis is most likely cause dby the fiveo card on its way suoth so go get another one and put it inthe machne and see if this is the issue there is no  ohe reason it should do this and no criticalupdate ahs anything to do with the video side ofthe mahcine so its probly jstu a bad card onthe way out

we can all laearn together to be better than we are
    Saturday, February 27, 2010 5:58 AM