none
"Missing" ReportDesigner after updating to .NET framework 4.5.2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I have a weird problem and hope that someone can help me out here.

Since I updated my .NET framework version to 4.5.2 I am not able to use the Report Designer for RDLC client reports anymore (I haven't checked for server reports because I am not using them). Before this update everything was just working fine.

Now every time I double-click already existing reports, only the XML View of this report shows up instead of opening this report in the designer. When clicking "Design a new report" in the ReportViewer component nothing happens. When trying to bring up the designer manually by using "Ctrl-Alt-D" combination also nothing shows up.

I am just confused because the ReportViewer component is still avail- and useable. The application I wrote is also fine and runs the existing reports without any issues. So the report component itself seems to be available - just the designer seems to be missing.

Does anyone having the same problem or knows how to get the designer back?

Appreciate the support!

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 1:07 PM

All replies

• I share your frustration and pain. I have the same problem and have tried various suggestions and none have worked. I'm getting ready to downgrade back to VS 2010 and adjust the project solution file of my projects. I have not been able to get any reasonable suggestions for the past month! One guy suggested that I install the Community Edition! I don't think so! I would much rather install VS 2010 Pro before wasting time installing another free version of software that does not meet my needs. 

Good luck with your situation. I hope someone from Microsoft reads your plea and provides a successful solution for you. As for me, I really do not have the time to wait any further, I've already wasted several weeks researching this and have found nothing!

One further note: I'm using Framework 4.5.1!
    • Edited by MWA1955 Tuesday, April 14, 2015 6:52 PM
    Tuesday, April 14, 2015 6:48 PM