Support for VS2013 RC and Windows 8.1 app RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I recently upgraded my VS2012 solution containing a Windows 8 Store app to VS2013 RC and Windows 8.1. I switch to the "8.1 Preview Build Controller" but the build currently fails with the following error message:

C:\a\src\.nuget\nuget.targets (70): The task factory "CodeTaskFactory" could not be loaded from the assembly "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\12.0\bin\Microsoft.Build.Tasks.v4.0.dll". Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\12.0\bin\Microsoft.Build.Tasks.v4.0.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Am I doing something wrong or is this scenario not yet supported ?

Thanks,

Saturday, September 14, 2013 12:03 PM

Answers

• Hi Jeremy,

I checked with Team Foundation Service fellows, the cloud side VMs not have the .NET Framework 4.5.1 RC(have the preview) and Win8.1 SDK deployed at present. You can use an on-premise controller where you can install everything you need until we get those onto the hosted VMs. And here is a thread that you can refer to:  http://aka.ms/OnPremBuild4HostedTFS

Best regards,

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, September 20, 2013 3:43 AM

All replies

• Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your post.

For this situation, I'd like to make sure whether it works fine if you build this project locally(using MSBuild.exe or VS directly). You may also check whether the assembly does exiest on your machine.

Best regards,

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Proposed as answer by Charles-LiModerator Monday, September 16, 2013 2:28 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Jalpf Thursday, September 19, 2013 8:53 AM
    Monday, September 16, 2013 8:46 AM
  • Hello,

The solution builds fine on my machine using Visual Studio, however I don't have the file mentioned in the error on my machine (Microsoft.Build.Tasks.v4.00.dll). I only have the file "Microsoft.Build.Tasks.v12.0.dll".

Jeremy

Monday, September 16, 2013 9:43 AM
  • Hi Jeremy,

That's the problem. In order to get a better response, I suggest you open a new thread at .NET Framework Setup and Servicing  forum.

Best regards,

Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Monday, September 16, 2013 10:00 AM
  • Hi,

I opened a new topic here.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Monday, September 16, 2013 11:54 AM
  • Hi Jeremy,

I talked with DTG team member and this issue seems related to cloud side of Team Foundation Service. I'll make sure with the right person and get back to you later. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Best regards,

Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 2:57 AM
  • Hi Jeremy,

I checked with Team Foundation Service fellows, the cloud side VMs not have the .NET Framework 4.5.1 RC(have the preview) and Win8.1 SDK deployed at present. You can use an on-premise controller where you can install everything you need until we get those onto the hosted VMs. And here is a thread that you can refer to:  http://aka.ms/OnPremBuild4HostedTFS

Best regards,

Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Friday, September 20, 2013 3:43 AM