none
Still missing Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel RRS feed

• Question

• I just installed Visual Studio Express 2013 for Desktops on a new laptop.  I also installed a sample project from a tool manufacturer. 

This sample project includes "Using Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel", which has "Office" underscored in error.

I downloaded Microsoft Office 2010: Primary Interop Assemblies Assemblies Redistributable from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3508 per advice at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10477977/what-reference-do-i-need-to-use-microsoft-office-interop-excel-in-net

I double clicked on the resultant o2010pia.msi.

In VS2013 I selected Project / Add Reference...

I still don't find "Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel" or "Micrsoft.Office.<anything>" in the Assemblies/Framework.

Please help me get this figured out so that this example project will build.

Thanks very much.

• Moved by Anna Cc Tuesday, December 23, 2014 6:46 AM
    Sunday, December 21, 2014 10:37 PM

Answers

• Hi Drlightning,

Based on the description, you are developing Office solution.

As far as I know, the Visual Studio Express doesn't support Office solution developing. Here are the versions support Office solution developing: Visual Studio Professional, Visual Studio Premium, Visual Studio Ultimate.

I suggest that you try Visual Studio Community. Visual Studio Community 2013 includes all the great functionality of Visual Studio Professional 2013, designed and optimized for individual developers, students, open source contributors, and small teams.

You can get more detail about Visual Studio Community 2013 from link below:

Visual Studio Community 2013

Also to develop the Office solution, we need to install the correspond version of Office. You can get more detail about it from link below:
    Configuring a Computer to Develop Office Solutions

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, December 23, 2014 6:57 AM

All replies