none
Biztalk PS extension installation failure RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to install the PowerShell extension as documented in the BizTalk SDK readme file.
    The problem I'm running into is that the dll won't install/register properly through this command:
    %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\InstallUtil.exe .\BizTalkFactory.PowerShell.Extensions.dll

Error Message in log:

System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to get installer types in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2013 R2\SDK\Utilities\PowerShell\BizTalkFactory.PowerShell.Extensions.dll assembly.
    The inner exception System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException was thrown with the following error message: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information...

The system I'm working with is a Dev environment, I don't think I'm missing any required frameworks since Biztalk installed properly...

Any insight or help is greatly appreciated. 

Bests.

Monday, May 15, 2017 9:19 PM

All replies

• Hi Vince, 

>>The system I'm working with is a Dev environment, I don't think I'm missing any required frameworks since Biztalk installed properly

According to the error message, you use the 32bit system, and use the .NET framework v4.0.30319 and proper command line, you need also make sure that use the 32 bit version of PowerShell

Regards,

Angie 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 26, 2017 8:53 AM