none
How to connect to open refreshing Excel workbook at another PC? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a Excel workbook in Excel at PC1 which is updating every minute.

I try to import the data into an Excel file at PC 2.

Although it does not import the new data. It only imports the original data and not the new refreshed data.

I am using GetObject from VBA although this does not work. See:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46140256/how-to-connect-to-open-workbook-in-another-instance-of-excel

I also have tried the Data Connection Wizard although this has the similar issue:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Connect-to-another-workbook-3a557ddb-70f3-400b-b48c-0c86ce62b4f5#ID0EAADAAA=2010-2013

Does anyone know how to import refreshed data from an open workbook in Excel at another pc within my LAN from Excel at another PC. (I can import data once, although not the refreshed data from the file. I also can import refreshed data from two open Excel instances at 1 PC Although I can not import refreshed data from an open file at another PC).

Thanks a lot!

Marcel

Friday, September 29, 2017 5:43 PM

Answers

• I found the cause by myself:

I had to close the connection every time by :

Set instanceFile = Nothing
    Saturday, September 30, 2017 10:19 AM

All replies

• I found the cause by myself:

I had to close the connection every time by :

Set instanceFile = Nothing
    Saturday, September 30, 2017 10:19 AM
  • Hello,

We are glad that you have found the solution. Please mark it as answer to close this thread.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 2, 2017 3:18 AM