InfoPath - could not publish form RRS feed

• Question

• Stuck with this error. Background info....custom content type, list definition based on content type, and a list instance....all activated from the same feature. I have no problems with that. When I try to customize the form for the list in InfoPath via the ribbon, I get the error below.

I found a suggestion that said to add the <content types> tag and the content type plus one attribute to the schema.xml, but the schema.xml already has the content type inside it.

Error message shown when trying to publish form.

The publish operation could not be completed. It cannot be determined if the form template was successfully published. Try publishing the form template again, or change the list settings to use the default SharePoint form. Catastrophic failure.

Any ideas on what is going on?

Monday, September 9, 2013 8:59 PM

Answers

• Not sure if this can be considered a solution, but I ended up repurposing the Title field after I set inherits = TRUE.

Thanks for the help with the InfoPath form issue.

Thursday, September 12, 2013 3:56 PM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, the error occurred when you published the form to SharePoint.

Could you please check if there is the <content types> tag in the Elements.xml.

If not, add the code below to the Elements.xml:

<ContentType ID="Content Type ID" Name="MyContentType" Inherits="TRUE">

</ContentType>

Best regards.

Thanks

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 11:34 AM
  • I had Inherits set of FALSE, so changing it to TRUE solved the InfoPath form issue. To clarify, this was the Elements.xml in for the content type itself, not from the list definition.

However, I had it set to FALSE to keep the title field from appearing in my list. I used the RemoveFieldRef tag to handle the title field and it worked in conjunction with inherits = FALSE...this is based on some info that I found from another thread. Also, I used hidden = TRUE and required = FALSE.

Is there no way to have inherits = FALSE (in order to keep the title field from appearing) and have an InfoPath form? It seems like I am missing something since I can't imagine that this is the case.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 3:04 PM
  • Not sure if this can be considered a solution, but I ended up repurposing the Title field after I set inherits = TRUE.

Thanks for the help with the InfoPath form issue.

Thursday, September 12, 2013 3:56 PM