none
AJAX Control unreliable from International locations, especially Argentina RRS feed

• Question

• We are frequently experiencing errors trying to load the Bing Maps AJAX control from clients in Argentina.  When the page requests to download the control's scripts, the server returns a 503 Service Unavailable.  See attached screenshot.

Our U.S. clients do not have the same issue so I'm thinking there must be faulty servers or code that is serving the Argentina clients which is different than the U.S. clients.

Microsoft, is this a known issue?

Thanks,

Scott Mitchell

Monday, November 25, 2013 3:15 PM

Answers

• As per Microsoft, the faulty server has been identified and removed from the pool.  This case an be closed with the below confirmation email serving as the answer.

Thanks,
    Scott

Confirmation Email from Microsoft:

De: Kelvin  
    Enviado el: 02/12/2013 06:57 p.m.
    Para: Matías 
    CC: MSSolve Case Email; Bing Maps Enterprise Support Comms; Ricky 
    Asunto: RE: [REG:113112610979815] About Bing Maps from Argentina

Hi Matias,

Our Operations team believes that this issue has been resolved by taking the affected server out of rotation. Please completely clear your web browser cache and let us know if you are still able to reproduce it.

Regards,
    Kelvin 
    Support Engineer
    Bing Maps Enterprise Support
    Microsoft Corporation
    Business Hours - Mon-Fri, 12 AM - 6 PM PST

• Marked as answer by scottkmitchell Tuesday, December 3, 2013 3:10 PM
    Tuesday, December 3, 2013 3:10 PM

All replies

• I haven't heard of ion having these types of issues. If you have a Bing Maps license I would suggest reaching out to the Bing Maps Enterprise Support team who will be able to look into this issue further for you.

http://rbrundritt.wordpress.com

• Proposed as answer by Ricky_Brundritt Monday, November 25, 2013 3:36 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by scottkmitchell Monday, November 25, 2013 4:35 PM
    Monday, November 25, 2013 3:35 PM
  • This happens so frequently, it must be either a known issue or something that is going undetected by the ops team.  

Ricky, can you submit a ticket to them so they can investigate and resolve?

Monday, November 25, 2013 4:37 PM
  • I can submit an ticket but we haven't had anyone else report any issues in Argentina and our monitors look fine there. Are you behind a firewall or proxy service?

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 10:37 AM
  • Not from my connection. I have a direct connection to my ISP. But this problem is not all the time. Actually we started seeing this a couple of months ago, an increasing during last weeks.

Basically, if I wait a couple of minutes and refresh, start working again. So, seems like Bing is rejecting the connection.

There is any information that we can post in this thread that give you more context? Such a tracert to the Bing server, or any other thing?

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 10:53 AM
  • Send me an email at ricky_Brundritt at Hotmail.com and I will loop you in with the support team.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 3:15 PM
  • Hello guys, any update on this matter?

I'm having similar issues at Argentina.

I get this response from time to time...

GET https://ecn.dev.virtualearth.net/mapcontrol/mapcontrol.ashx?v=7.0&s=1 503 (Service Unavailable)

Sometimes it restart working just by refreshing, but mostly it last for several minutes up to an hour.

These are the response headers:

1. HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable Server: EdgePrism/4.10.0.20130827 Mime-Version: 1.0 Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 15:56:38 GMT Content-Type: text/html Content-Length: 790 Expires: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 15:56:38 GMT Connection: keep-alive

Any hint on what's going on will be much appreciated.

Cheers,

JD.-

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 4:13 PM
  • I just connected Matias with the Bing Maps support team. They should be able to help narrow down where the issue is.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 4:21 PM
  • As per Microsoft, the faulty server has been identified and removed from the pool.  This case an be closed with the below confirmation email serving as the answer.

Thanks,
    Scott

Confirmation Email from Microsoft:

De: Kelvin  
    Enviado el: 02/12/2013 06:57 p.m.
    Para: Matías 
    CC: MSSolve Case Email; Bing Maps Enterprise Support Comms; Ricky 
    Asunto: RE: [REG:113112610979815] About Bing Maps from Argentina

Hi Matias,

Our Operations team believes that this issue has been resolved by taking the affected server out of rotation. Please completely clear your web browser cache and let us know if you are still able to reproduce it.

Regards,
    Kelvin 
    Support Engineer
    Bing Maps Enterprise Support
    Microsoft Corporation
    Business Hours - Mon-Fri, 12 AM - 6 PM PST

• Marked as answer by scottkmitchell Tuesday, December 3, 2013 3:10 PM
    Tuesday, December 3, 2013 3:10 PM