none
MicrosoftTeamFoundation.dll Missing resources in case of French windowsl

Question

• Hi,

Hope I'm in the right forum.

When I run my application on French windows OS I'm getting this error:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Impossible de charger le fichier ou l'assembly 'Microsoft.TeamFoundation.resources, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=fr-FR, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' ou une de ses dépendances. Le fichier spécifié est introuvable.
    Nom de fichier : 'Microsoft.TeamFoundation.resources, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=fr-FR, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Impossible de charger le fichier ou l'assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files\<my app>\<sub-folder>\bin\x64\Microsoft.TeamFoundation.resources.dll' ou une de ses dépendances. Le fichier spécifié est introuvable.

When I use DotPeek tool (in order to decompile the dll) I can see that it includes resources file in US English culture as below

... ...
    [assembly: SatelliteContractVersion("4.0.0.0")]
    [assembly: NeutralResourcesLanguage("en-US")]

... ....

So as I assumed some error occurred in the TeamFoundation.dll but since the application run on French operating system the TeamFoundation.dll looks for resources file in French culture but it isn't there.   

How can I deal with it?

Thanks,

Roni

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 2:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Roni,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

>>When I run my application on French windows OS I'm getting this error:

What's the project type of your application? It looks like your issue is more relates to the development issue, our forum is to discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor. Please share the detail information about your application, I will help you move this thread or redirect to the appropriate support forum, so you will get a more professional support from there, thank you for your support.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 2, 2017 8:24 AM
  • Hi Sara,

Thanks for your response. As you wrote it seems I'm not in the appropriate forum, and sorry for that.

My application is an .NET application that uses Microsoft.TeamFoundation.dll and when I run the application on production mode on French OS I'm getting the above error. 

Since the error occurs only on non-english machine I assume that Microsoft.TeamFoundation.dll can't find the Resources.dll in french version.

So I'd like to find out the way to deal with such problem.

Thanks,

Aron

Sunday, March 5, 2017 11:01 AM
  • Hi Aron,

Thank you for your detail information.

>> My application is an .NET application that uses Microsoft.TeamFoundation.dll and when I run the application on production mode on French OS I'm getting the above error. 

Do you have the Microsoft.TeamFoundation.dll (French version) in your French OS computer? Please have a look at this: Microsoft.TeamFoundation Namespace and it lists the default location that those DLLs.

How did you created your application, like which project template did you chosen when you try to create this project?

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 6, 2017 2:23 AM