none
Exception handling in BizTalk RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I am recently stated using ESB toolkit for exception handling in BizTalk.

Able to catch exception and log to ESB portal but there are two entries in the ESB portal.

1. It is handled in orchestration.

2.It is because "Enabling failed message routing".(I don't want to suspended messages in BizTalk admin console.)

So here my question is,i want only one entry in the ESB portal when any exception occurred.

Any ideas hoe to achieve this scenario.

Thanks in advance.

Santosh.

Load Balence

Thursday, June 9, 2016 4:06 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Don't  enable "Enabling failed message routing" if you think only the published exception from the orchestration is good enough.

If you dont want the message to suspend in biztalk you can use Null Endpoint Adapter.  You can configure this Loopback Adapter to act as a Null Endpoint:  http://www.twoconnect.com/loopback-biztalk-adapter-free-download/. When configured on a One-Way Send Port, it behaves as a null endpoint.

Another one is Null Adapter for BizTalk. This Null Adapter from Integration Software simply consumes messages sent to it making it possible to setup filters on “unwanted” messages.

Same has been discussed here: Error is going to the ESB portal and and also supended in admin console

Suggested solution was to scheduled some WMI/powershell script to clean up these suspended instances BUT the better solution is always to use Null Endpoint Adapter as suggested earlier.

Rachit Sikroria (Microsoft Azure MVP)

Thursday, June 9, 2016 4:12 PM
  • Hi Santosh

Can you give some more details about your scenario? Are you doing a POC? Where exactly is the error/exception happening in your flow?

Note that if you are publishing a ESB Fault message from your orchestration, it will go to the ESB All.Exceptions SendPort - creating a single entry in the ESBPortal. 

Same is for Port level failures - exceptions on Ports with "Enable routing for failed messages" checked would make their way to the ESB All.Exceptions SendPort, since this Port subscribes to these messages as well.

The ESB All.Exceptions SendPort subscribes to 2 types of messages - a)constructed ESB Fault messages; b)Messages that have ErrorReport.FailureCode value set (basically messages that fail on ports with "Enable routing for failed messages" checked).

If you describe your scenario, we will be able to help you debug this.

Thanks Arindam

Thursday, June 9, 2016 4:26 PM
  • My scenario:

I don't want two entries in ESB and suspended messages in admin console.

Load Balence

Thursday, June 9, 2016 5:47 PM
  • Yes in that case Don't  enable "Enable routing for failed messages", let the message suspend.

You can configure this Loopback Adapter to act as a Null Endpoint:  http://www.twoconnect.com/loopback-biztalk-adapter-free-download/. When configured on a One-Way Send Port, it behaves as a null endpoint and consumes all the suspended messages in BizTalk.

Rachit Sikroria (Microsoft Azure MVP)

Thursday, June 9, 2016 5:55 PM
  • But where is the actual exception/error happening ? On a 2-way SendPort bound to your orch?

Thanks Arindam

Thursday, June 9, 2016 5:56 PM