none
Sharepoint Parent Task & Sub Task % Completion RRS feed

• Question

• I have a task list in SP 2016 on-premise site collection that contains sub-tasks. How do I roll up the total sub-task completion percentages to the Parent/Summary task? SP Designer? JavaScript? What is the relationship between the fields. Thanks
    Thursday, July 25, 2019 4:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

We can use REST API below to query the parent tasks and sub tasks base on the ParentId field. The "% Complete" field name is "PercentComplete" in REST API.

/_api/web/lists/getbytitle('TaskTest')/items?$select=ID,Title,PercentComplete,ParentID/ID&$expand=ParentID&$orderby=ParentID/ID,ID

More information:

QUERYING TASKS AND SUBTASKS WITH SHAREPOINT 2013 REST API

Best Regards,

Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, July 26, 2019 8:43 AM
  • Hi,

Any update?

If my reply help you, please mark the reply as answer, it will make others who stuck with the similar issue easier to search for valid solutions in this forum.

Best regards,
    Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 8:41 AM
  • Hi,

Would you please provide us with an update on the status of your issue?

Best Regards,
    Dennis

Monday, August 5, 2019 8:47 AM