Hw to deploy a windows store app with WebAPI RRS feed

• Question

• In my solution, both of my Windows 8.1 app and WebAPI are the startup projects, and when I run the solution in Release/Debug mode, all works well.

But when I have created the package for Windows 8.1 app and throw the package to another machine, it doesn't work any more. I have also checked how to publish WebAPI but didn't find the right one for this case.

So my questions are:

1. When there's WebAPI with Windows 8.1 app, how can I deploy the app successfully in this case and make it works on other machines?

2. How to publish WebAPI on my machine or on a remote machine?

Monday, November 3, 2014 6:11 AM

Answers

• Hi Chocolate,

Here you create a package for Win8.1 app, have you tried to remote debug the app on another machine? See this for more information: Run Windows Store apps on a remote machine

I'm not familiar with WebAPI project but can you separate them to different solutions so that they can run dependently. For more information about WebAPI please ref to this forum: http://forums.asp.net/1246.aspx/1?Web+API

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by Anna Cc Monday, November 17, 2014 12:27 PM
    Tuesday, November 4, 2014 1:42 AM