none
Proxy Settings

Question

• One of our schools has recently changed its web filtering solution and no longer uses a proxy server, since this change everything is fine but Azure which doesn't seem to synchronize anymore.

Is this down to Azure still having proxy settings somewhere ??? I have read about the app.config file but cant seem to find it on the server if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great please.

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 10:48 AM

All replies

• When you say Azure doesn't synchronize do you mean the Azure AD Connect tool? I would imagine it picks up the proxy settings during installation, and doesn't change automatically when you remove the proxy.

I would just step through the setup wizard again and have it run the necessary checks.

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 12:26 PM
  • Check the machine.config document, should be located at  C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Config\machine.config

make sure the configuration are correct. (if proxy are no longer required you may remove the proxy)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/connect/active-directory-aadconnect-troubleshoot-connectivity

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 1:56 AM