Cannot Add New Data Source RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Here is what I'm trying to do:

1. In Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate, I select "Add New Data Source" from the Data menu.
    2. I select "Database" and click Next.
    3. I select "DataSet" and click Next.
    4. I click on "New Connection" and the window closes.
    Any idea why this is happening? Just reinstalled, reset settings, anything I could think of.
    Friday, July 9, 2010 6:08 AM

Answers

• Hiren, did you even read my post?

Step 4: "I click on "New Connection" and the window closes"

Anyway, I've figured out it had something to do with a MySQL Connector I had installed, and I had since upgraded VS2010 RC to VS2010 Ultimate, which caused some data provider settings in the machine.config to become corrupt...

Saturday, July 31, 2010 8:18 AM

All replies

• Hi...

To Add DataSource Just follow the below steps

1) Select Add New DataSource.

2)Select Database.

3)Select Dataset

4)Now It will display on dialog box. In this dialog box there is one Combo box just choose your DataBase name. If in the combox, does not contain your database then just click on "New Connection" button.

5) This button Will show you new dialog box. Here in Server Name Textbox Enter your Sql Server Name. Then Choose Use Windows Authentication option button.

After that at last there is one combo box just select your database from the list and press ok button.

6)Now you will come back to the main Data Source Configuration Wizard. Press Next for 2 times

7) Now wait for retriveing database object. After 2 or 3 second it will show you all the Database object like (Tables,View etc)

8) Select your required object and press Finish.

9)Now you can see the object in your Data Sources window which you have select from Configuration Wizard.

Friday, July 30, 2010 11:11 AM
  • Hiren, did you even read my post?

Step 4: "I click on "New Connection" and the window closes"

Anyway, I've figured out it had something to do with a MySQL Connector I had installed, and I had since upgraded VS2010 RC to VS2010 Ultimate, which caused some data provider settings in the machine.config to become corrupt...

Saturday, July 31, 2010 8:18 AM