VS 2005 Publish Web Application,Target location contains .cs file RRS feed

• Question

• User-419989241 posted

When i publish VS2005 web application with different projects insided one solution, each project asks do you want to publish, in this solution only one is web project others are library project.

When i choose publish VS2005 for the web application project,it shows publish succeed on the task bar but when i check the published target locatin it shows all the file, i choosed the option only files needed to run this applcation and all files inside the app_data folder.

Also in the bin folder i am getting folder name as ar,cz like that.

Please suggest me what i am doing wrong.

Monday, December 7, 2009 3:58 PM

Answers

• User372121194 posted

Hi,

If we create a simple ASP.NET web application and using Publish utility to precompile it, does it have the same issue? If we precompile ASP.NET project, the source code file will be removed.

Please also set the file's "Copy to Output Directory" (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/0c6xyb66.aspx) to "Do not Copy" by right clicking file and then enter its Properties page.

Please also make sure there is not command in Pre-Build and Post-Build events to copy file.

I look forward to receiving your test results.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, December 10, 2009 2:10 AM

All replies

• User-126244515 posted

Can you tell me exactly which tool you use and what you do in the associated dialog boxes, please? 

Tuesday, December 8, 2009 2:06 AM
  • User372121194 posted

Hi,

If we create a simple ASP.NET web application and using Publish utility to precompile it, does it have the same issue? If we precompile ASP.NET project, the source code file will be removed.

Please also set the file's "Copy to Output Directory" (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/0c6xyb66.aspx) to "Do not Copy" by right clicking file and then enter its Properties page.

Please also make sure there is not command in Pre-Build and Post-Build events to copy file.

I look forward to receiving your test results.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, December 10, 2009 2:10 AM
  • User-419989241 posted

Hi,

I am sorry, i had couple of projects in one solution, so one project by default it was chosen Copy all the files option, so this was the reason, now the publishing is working fine.

Sorry guys for my mistake. Thanks for your reply 

Monday, January 4, 2010 5:58 PM