none
Windows Hardware Certification Features selection for certifying a disk array RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am doing windows hardware certification for a disk array. In "selection" tab of "Windows HCK", I have selected following components from the "device manager" category:

1. <Vendor_Multi-path_Software> Multi-path  device specific module

2. <Vendor_Name> disk array SCSI disk device

3. <Vendor_Name> disk array Multi-path disk device

4. Microsoft multi-path bus driver

I have configured the disk array for "Device.Storage.Hd.Mpio" feature.

Now I am not able to understand whether I have to select both  "<Vendor_Name> disk array SCSI disk device" and  "<Vendor_Name> disk array Multi-path disk device" at the same time.

or

Whether I have to select only "<Vendor_Name> disk array Multi-path disk device" component.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 11:00 AM

All replies

• Hi Sidhartha,

I didn't get clarity on whats your DUT (Either RAID or any thing else...). And anyway if your device supports this feature that is "Device.Storage.Hd.Mpio" then you have to configure according that only ... for this information may available below link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/jj125012.aspx#BKMK_SoftwareRequirements

Yesubabu Gude

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 11:41 AM
  • Hi Yesubabu,

Thanks for replying. However I have already configured my DUT as per the link you mentioned.

My device supports 2 features according . Those are:

1. Device.Storage.Hd.Mpio

2. Device.Storage.Hd.ThinProvisioning

Now my query here is:

1. I am using Windows Server 2012 and I have installed vendor specific multipath software. Now, in the device selection tab, do I need to select both "<Vendor_Name> disk array SCSI disk device" and  "<Vendor_Name> disk array Multi-path disk device" component or just 1, which should be "<Vendor_Name> disk array Multi-path disk device", as my system has multipath installed.

Reason for query:

While running IOs on SCSI disk device, few tests are failing and I doubt that since there are 2 paths to a particular device, test manager is not able to open the device and pump the IOs. I feel, that I should only use "<Vendor_Name> disk array Multi-path disk device".

Please suggest, if you have any information about the same. Also it would be help, if you could share your number. I have few more doubts and its making me crazy.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Sidhartha

Friday, June 14, 2013 6:55 AM
  • Hi,

Do one thing better to go other way to solve your problem.. first tell me Whats your DUT type based on this we can identify the which features have to select that corresponding your device vendor name..

Please refer the following document for the Windows HCK Product type test matrix.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/3/6/23662F33-71E8-43C1-8547-5DE49B0374AB/windows-hck-product-type-matrix.zip

Yesubabu Gude

Friday, June 14, 2013 7:59 AM