none
to all small basic gurus RRS feed

• Question

•      who is running small basic forum  monthly challenges are on decline and there are only three to four programs in september2015
    Monday, September 28, 2015 11:43 AM

Answers

• Why don't you enter a program / solution to one of the questions in the monthly chalange?

The forum is run by everyone who wants to  contribute.

Jan [ WhTurner ] The Netherlands

Monday, September 28, 2015 12:14 PM
    Answerer
  • Good point.

The challenges are where you get to learn with other coders.

If you're a beginner, do yourself a favour, get stuck into them and post your solutions, part solutions or any issues you're having with them.

They provide practice:

1. practice small basic;
    2. practice programming techniques;
    3. practice challenging yourself to do new and diverse tasks; and
    4. practice with other coders

They are for everyone. You get to see how others have solved or tried to solve tasks.

You really need the 4 points above plus enthusiasm to improve.

I posted my 1st ever program there, a simple TextWindow task and at that time didn't have enough experience (practice) to do the more difficult ones. After 6 to 12 months I found that I could do or at least almost do all them. I always posted my attempts and often benefitted from feedback.

Practicing with others is the best and it's better if you share then a discussion about the task can begin.

Monday, September 28, 2015 10:39 PM
  • Here are the September challenges:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4fa2abb2-cd59-4617-8d51-a7755ff6d550/challenge-of-the-month-september-2015?forum=smallbasic

As WhTurner mentions, the challenges are for you (the community) to enter. 

LitDev wrote them up. I announced them, LitDev and I host there. Plus Nonki and Jibba Jabba frequent those threads. There's not much else to do but to twist everyone's arm to try the challenges out. =^)

Thanks!

Ed Price, Azure & Power BI Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Monday, September 28, 2015 9:14 PM
    Owner
  •      who is running small basic forum  monthly challenges are on decline and there are only three to four programs in september2015

Your real question is: Why are the monthly challenges declining?

Well, it's not really about who's running the Small Basic forum. It's about you and all the community jumping in there and participating. The more we all do that, the less they decline.

Ed Price, Azure & Power BI Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Sunday, October 4, 2015 8:35 AM
    Owner

All replies

• Why don't you enter a program / solution to one of the questions in the monthly chalange?

The forum is run by everyone who wants to  contribute.

Jan [ WhTurner ] The Netherlands

Monday, September 28, 2015 12:14 PM
    Answerer
  • Here are the September challenges:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4fa2abb2-cd59-4617-8d51-a7755ff6d550/challenge-of-the-month-september-2015?forum=smallbasic

As WhTurner mentions, the challenges are for you (the community) to enter. 

LitDev wrote them up. I announced them, LitDev and I host there. Plus Nonki and Jibba Jabba frequent those threads. There's not much else to do but to twist everyone's arm to try the challenges out. =^)

Thanks!

Monday, September 28, 2015 9:14 PM
    Owner
  • Good point.

The challenges are where you get to learn with other coders.

If you're a beginner, do yourself a favour, get stuck into them and post your solutions, part solutions or any issues you're having with them.

They provide practice:

1. practice small basic;
    2. practice programming techniques;
    3. practice challenging yourself to do new and diverse tasks; and
    4. practice with other coders

They are for everyone. You get to see how others have solved or tried to solve tasks.

You really need the 4 points above plus enthusiasm to improve.

I posted my 1st ever program there, a simple TextWindow task and at that time didn't have enough experience (practice) to do the more difficult ones. After 6 to 12 months I found that I could do or at least almost do all them. I always posted my attempts and often benefitted from feedback.

Practicing with others is the best and it's better if you share then a discussion about the task can begin.

Monday, September 28, 2015 10:39 PM

Your real question is: Why are the monthly challenges declining?

Well, it's not really about who's running the Small Basic forum. It's about you and all the community jumping in there and participating. The more we all do that, the less they decline.

Sunday, October 4, 2015 8:35 AM
    Owner